Subject: RE: Windows-native "child processes" briefly open new console window
From: "Nicolay Giraldo" <[email-masked]>
To: "Andy Helten" <[email-masked]>, "Henrik Bergstrom" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 14:19:54 -0500

>BTW, you most definitely can get the source code for the VxWorks/Tornado
>compiler, after all, it is GNU.  In fact, I recently set out to obtain the
>source code for the VxWorks/GNU PowerPC cross-compiler and it turns out you
>have to request it from WindRiver.  It is not accessible from their web
>site (at least not easy to find if it is there) and they do not mention in
>any documentation how to obtain the GNU compiler source.  They also ask for
>a license number when you request the GNU compiler source.  My question --
>why do I need a Tornado license to receive GNU software??????  I'm not sure
>what they would have done if I hadn't provided a license number.
>
>BTW, they also distribute a cygwinb19.dll and apparently you have to
>request the source for it as well.  Is WindRiver following the rules?
>
>Andy
>

I think they follow the rules, but the rules also says that you can get the 
sources legally from anyone who has them.

Nicolay

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple