Subject: Re: 1.3.2 Catch-22 in tmpnam/tmpfile with gcc -mno-cygwin
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 13:06:30 -0400

On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 11:25:41AM -0400, John W. Kennedy wrote:
>At present, gcc option -mno-cygwin is incompatible with tmpfile and
>tmpnam.  When -mno-cygwin is used, at runtime all temporary files are
>put into directory "/tmp", which is incompatible with no-cygwin
>operation unless a writable "x:\tmp" directory happens to exist, where
>x: is the current drive.
>
>The obvious fix would make -mno-cygwin executables sensitive to a
>standard Windows environment variable such as TMP, or at least to an
>ad-hoc environment variable.

-mno-cygwin produced Microsoft native binaries.  It uses some libraries
from the mingw project, but they are not supported here.  You probably want
to send email to a mailing list mentioned at www.mingw.org.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple