Subject: Re: Windows-native "child processes" briefly open new console window
From: Andy Helten <[email-masked]>
To: Henrik Bergstrom <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 11:40:45 -0400

Henrik Bergstrom wrote:

> Dear Cygwin users,
>
> PS. Back in 1999, there was a similar question about this on this list,
> but the answer provided then seemed to assume that you could recompile
> the program causing the problem with the -mwindows switch if I
> understood the answer correctly. This is not an option for me since I
> only have the program in binary form.

BTW, you most definitely can get the source code for the VxWorks/Tornado
compiler, after all, it is GNU.  In fact, I recently set out to obtain the
source code for the VxWorks/GNU PowerPC cross-compiler and it turns out you
have to request it from WindRiver.  It is not accessible from their web
site (at least not easy to find if it is there) and they do not mention in
any documentation how to obtain the GNU compiler source.  They also ask for
a license number when you request the GNU compiler source.  My question --
why do I need a Tornado license to receive GNU software??????  I'm not sure
what they would have done if I hadn't provided a license number.

BTW, they also distribute a cygwinb19.dll and apparently you have to
request the source for it as well.  Is WindRiver following the rules?

Andy

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple