Subject: RE: ANN: JDE 2.2.7.1 available at ...
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 09:34:41 +0200

> Believe me, there will be no more posts to this or any other list except
> the JDE list.

This is not so good, because think of some people who doesn´t already use
JDE and therefore they doesn´t already subscribe the JDE list. But maybe
a cygwin user has suddenly to work with Java and is searching for a good
programming environment. Then he can really profit from an announce in this
list!

Another word to the traffic in this list. IMHO this list is really very useful
and help comes back prompt among other things because so many people participate
on this list. BUT: There is so many traffic onto this list (on one weekend
i get normally ~ 200-300 postings) that these few announcements (~ two per month
i think) of Paul really doesn´t matter but on the contrary they are useful for
those one who doesn´t already use JDE.
These announcements doesn´t contain any attachments so they are small text-messages
which don´t waste your line! And nobody is forced to read the announcement if he
isn´t interested in, you can simply delete it, because the subject of such an
announcement-posting says all.

here comes my opinion: Despite i get this announcement three times because i have
subscribed this list, NTEmacs-list and JDE list, i don´t feel bothered because
i simply hit my DELETE key on the two ones which i don´t need (needed time for
this really hard work: ~ 1 second :-).
IMHO it´s much more annoying to get about 20 postings for a discussion over an
announcement which occurs about 2 times per month and which can really be useful
and can on the other side also simply and fast be deleted if it doesn´t interest!

                           !!Keep on cross-posting, Paul, it´s useful!!

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple