Subject: RE: Can rxvt use other icons?
From: "Ron Shipp" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "C. Porter Bassett" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 18:02:42 -0500

I get the same thing in Windows ME.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of C. Porter Bassett
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2001 5:20 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Can rxvt use other icons?

I am using win2k, and I tried what you said.  On the desktop the icon looks
different, but when I alt-tab, I still just get the generic windows icon.  I
also get the windows icon in the upper left-hand corner of the  rxvt window.
Is there any way to change those icons?

Randall Schultz said:
  I'm unfamiliar with the details of what differs between Windows NT and 2K
  and their "consumer" counterparts, but in the "professional" OSes
shortcuts
  can bear custom icons overriding the default taken from the target of the
  shortcut (view the "Shortcut" tab of the properties window for a shortcut;
  it's near the bottom). An icon set in this manner will appear in the
  taskbar when that shortcut is used to launch the program. Shortcuts also
  have the extremely valuable ability to invoke a command with arguments and
  options, start in a particular current directory and lots of other handy
  features to control the program launched by the shortcut.

  As I said, I only know these features to be available in Windows NT4 and
  NT5 (2K). If Windows ME doesn't have them, I don't know how to achieve
what
  you're looking for.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple