Subject: Re: ANN: JDE 2.2.7.1 available at ...
From: Paul Kinnucan <[email-masked]>
To: David Starks-Browning <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 09:09:51 -0400

At 02:09 PM 5/24/2001 +0100, David Starks-Browning wrote:
>On Thursday 24 May 01, Paul Kinnucan writes:
>> Anyway, since you find these announcements, which are relatively rare
>> considering the volume of traffic on this list, obnoxious, I will no longer
>> announce JDE releases on this list. This is too bad because the JDE and
>> Cygwin together provide a powerful and FREE alternative to commercial Java
>> development tools, are widely used together, and therefore stand to benefit
>> from mutual promotion and cooperation by their developers.
>
>JDE is great.  That said...
>
>I like being notified of JDE releases, but that's what jde-announce is
>for, right?  It bugs me to see the same announcements on the ntemacs-users,
>xemacs-nt, and cygwin lists.
>
>If the point of the cross-posting is to raise awareness (i.e., to
>reach those who aren't already familiar with JDE), then perhaps you
>could (at least) cut down on the frequency.
>
>Even then, in my opinion -- which you are free to ignore -- it's only
>on-topic for the [x]emacs lists, not cygwin.

Believe me, there will be no more posts to this or any other list except
the JDE list.

I get no pecuniary benefit from the JDE and I could care less whether
people use it. I thought I was doing potential users, including people on
this list, a favor by bringing to their attention a FREE tool that may
benefit them at some time. I'm very put off by the attitudes expressed on
this thread. I don't need this kind of grief.

- Paul

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple