Subject: Re: egcs cygwin->mipsel
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 15:56:44 -0400

On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 08:50:41AM +0200, Christof Lauber wrote:
>
>We decided to use linux as os for our embedded device. This device
>runs a microcontroller with R4000 mips core. Until now we developped
>under Windows NT. So we have a lot of tools we could't use if we had
>to switch to linux and we have other products running pSOS or vxworks
>which we develop under Winnt. So we wish to run the toolchain for the
>mipsel-linux  (binutils, gcc, gdb) under Winnt. GDB ans Binutils seems
>to run already under cygwin. But I have some serious problembs
>compiling a xgcc cygwin->mipsel on my cygwin environment. I used the
>egcs1.03a (with mips patch) source from oss.sgi.com.
>First the cygwin assembler (as) had problems with the -O2 -g flags. So
>I overwrote these in the config/mh-cygwin file. Now the make process
>stops with the following error messages:
>
>_muldi3
>/tmp/cc000518.s: Assembler messages:
>/tmp/cc000518.s:15: Error: Unknown pseudo-op:  `.ent'
>/tmp/cc000518.s:17: Error: Unknown pseudo-op:  `.frame'
>/tmp/cc000518.s:18: Error: Unknown pseudo-op:  `.mask'
>/tmp/cc000518.s:19: Error: Unknown pseudo-op:  `.fmask'

This doesn't look like a cygwin issue.  You seem to be using the wrong
assembler.  This is most likely a configuration issue.

You might get more help in the crossgcc mailing list at
[email-masked] .

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple