Subject: DLL for Java Native Interface
From: Miroslav Koncar <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 10:49:07 +0200

Hello, cygwin users

this might be some odd question, but I'm hoping that someone out there
had some experience with compiling C code for Java Native Interface.
This is what I'm trying to do: I have a simple C function that I want to
port to Java with Native Interface. According to the Java instructions,
I need to compile the code into a  dynamically loaded library. Doing it
for Solaris works perfectly with (my code is in a file called Clock.c as
you can see):

gcc -I/usr/j2se/include -I/usr/j2se/include/solaris Clock.c -o
libClock.so

I've asked a friend who has Microsoft Visual Studio to do the same for
Windows, and it all went well. The command he used is:

cl -Ic:\jdk\include -Ic:\jdk\include\win32 -LD Clock.c -FeClock.dll

He than has sent me that dll and it works perfectly.

I've tried to build the library with cygnus according to the
instructions in the manual. The dll I get doesn't seem to work.

Please, if someone had any experience could you send me some
instructions how to do that.

Thanks,
    Miroslav

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple