Subject: Re: New version of cygwin-mount.el
From: "Ehud Karni" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 20:21:12 +0300

On Fri, 18 May 2001 11:23:16 -0400, Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> >The cygwin-mount.el packages has about 25 KB.
> 
> It should be possible.  setup could extract the files to a temporary location and
> then run a script which would move the file to the correct location.  The problem
> is figuring out the correct location, though.  How would we do that?

The standard place for "user" lisp packages (*.el) on UNIX is
  /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp .  So I suggest that setup will put
it there (no need for installing script).

The problem is that NT-emacs will not know of this directory until
AFTER this package is loaded.

Maybe a better option for NT-emacs is to use the environment variable
EMACSLOADPATH if set, or the registry value of "EMACSLOADPATH" under
 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GNU\Emacs]. The runemacs.exe is using
the registry value.

Ehud.

-- 
 Ehud Karni     Mivtach - Simon  Insurance   /"\
 Tel: +972-3-6212-757 Fax: +972-3-6292-544   \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 (USA) Fax and  voice  mail: 1-815-5509341    X   Against  HTML  Mail
     Better     Safe     Than     Sorry      / \
     mailto:[email-masked]    http://www.simonwiesel.co.il

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple