Subject: Re: New version of cygwin-mount.el
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 11:23:16 -0400

On Fri, May 18, 2001 at 05:13:46PM +0200, [email-masked] wrote:
>>How large is this?  Would it make sense to have it as part of the standard
>>cygwin installation?  I'm an emacs illiterate 
>
>Does such people really exists :-))
>
>>so I don't know if this makes sense or not.
>
>The cygwin-mount.el packages has about 25 KB.
>IMHO it makes really sense for all Users of the NT-version of GNU Emacs
>(For XEmacs i think this is not necessary, because there is a well working
>cygwin-port of XEmacs, so there is no need for this), which want all the
>power to work with cygwin-path-styles and the cygwin-mountpoints within
>their NT-Emacs as if it would be normal NT-style paths.
>To make a long story short: For all NT Emacs and Cygwin-users it makes a lot
>of sense to add this to the standard-installation for the sake to make the
>package best available.
>I see one problem: The cygwin-mount.el must not be installed in the normal
>cygwin-installation package directories or somewhere in the cygwin-tree but
>it must be installed in the installation-tree of NT-Emacs, means in a certain
>directory of the NT-Emacs installation. Is this possible with the cygwin-setup-
>process??

It should be possible.  setup could extract the files to a temporary location and
then run a script which would move the file to the correct location.  The problem
is figuring out the correct location, though.  How would we do that?

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple