Subject: RE: cmds issued from rxvt spawning dos windows
From: E <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 08:52:23 +1000

Tom Dorgan wrote:
>Ive got rxvt integrated and working and have run into what is, for me,
>a showstopping issue. We are a java shop using Borland JBuilder in
>conjunction with make running under cygwin. Running a cygterm, I can
>issue the command:
>make >make.out 2>&1
>
>and all the output goes to the file make.out and no extraneous windows
>are produced by JBuilder.
>
>However, using rxvt, every time we spawn JBuilder a dos window appears
>and all of its output (that should be in the file) is lost.

I have the same thing happen with Borland C++ Builder v4, although the DOS 
windows are just blank and the output goes to the rxvt window, so I could 
still capture the output like you are trying to above.

FWIW, when I was using the straight windows native rxvt (not the native/X 
hybrid) that I'd downloaded from <http://www.io.com/~bub/rxvt.html> did not 
ever have this problem.

E.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple