Subject: Re: Troubles setting NT environment variables
From: Dario Alcocer <[email-masked]>
To: "Anderson, Michael" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 05:02:06 -0700

>>>>> "Michael" == Anderson, Michael <[email-masked]> writes:

    Michael> Cygwin is not seeing my newly created NT environment
    Michael> variables.  I have a Perl script that calls a DOS
    Michael> executable (vsim) from the BASH shell.  The NT
    Michael> environment variable I created is not being seen by BASH
    Michael> or DOS using Cygwin. I created the Variable using the
    Michael> User Environment Variable editor under the Advanced tab
    Michael> of the System Properties...

    Michael> Anyone have an idea of what needs to be done for Cygwin
    Michael> to see new Environment Variables?

Have you tried setting %ENV before calling the system command?  I
believe Perl will initialize the child process environment with the
values in %ENV before it runs it.

-- 
Dario Alcocer -- Sr. Software Developer, Helix Digital Inc.
[email-masked] -- http://www.helixdigital.com

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple