Subject: RE: __STRICT_ANSI__
From: "Harold Hunt" <[email-masked]>
To: "Danny Smith" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "cygwin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 02:20:02 -0400

Danny,

> ANSI portable code, don't use them.  __STRICT_ANSI__ is doing its job
> correctly, thank you very much.

Yup, you're right.  If you pass -ansi to gcc *and* you define __USE_POSIX,
then you surely should not be able to use fdopen or fileno.  Wait a
minute...

I am more inclined to believe that the standard lib on Linux is more correct
than newlib.  Then again, what is correct?  The standard that everyone has
been using for years or the "standard"?  I have no idea...

On a side note, I couldn't find anywhere that XFree86 defines
__STRICT_ANSI__; rather, __STRICT_ANSI__ seems to be a side effect of
passing -ansi to gcc...

Harold

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple