Subject: Re: Suiqd as service [was: Re: New on sources: cygrunsrv-0.92]
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 00:41:01 +0200

Robert Collins schrieb am 2001-05-17, 8:02:

Rob writes:
: To run squid as a service with cygrun use
: squid -N to prevent it daemonising.

I tried it with '-N' option, i am no stupid, i read your postings.
I AM ABLE TO READ AND I DO.

Squid forks not with -N, that is true, but it is not the same like
with other daemons.
With -N it does not forking AND does not run in the background,
(according to the docs) so if it is not able to print on stderr ...

And i got no error like Stipe, say s.th. with rights or permissions.
I posted this here only to tell that i tried to run squid and it 
failed.

Maybe it did not fail for you? Have you tried it? 
Have you tried to run Squid or Apache as a service?

: Squid 2.5 should have a SCM functionality built in for NT users.
  
What does this SCM mean?

Corinna writes:
: I don't know what your exact problem is but it's typically no
: problem to start or stop any service for which you have sufficient
: access rights.

Corinna,

Could you provide a list of executables which are tested 
to run o.k as a service with cygrunserv?

It is still not possible to run squid. Cron runs fine with -d.

I got the rights to install and run cron, so why should i have
no more rights five minutes later as i tried to install squid?

gph

-- 
=^..^=

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple