Subject: Re: Keyboard handling, and CygWin 1.3.1
From: "Mark Hadfield" <[email-masked]>
To: "Steven Green" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 09:44:41 +1200

From: "Steven Green" <[email-masked]>

> Can someone familiar with the CygWin spurce code, point me towards where
the
> keyboard handling is done, so I can see what changed between versions.  I
> checked code out from CVS but can not find where keyboard stuff is done.
> What I don't understand is how programs like Vim (which presumably use
> Cygwin.dll) handle the pipe key properly, but Bash doesn't.... but it was
by
> downgrading Cygwin.dll that made it work again, which points towards
Cygwin
> being the culprit rather than Bash.

In February this year there was an extensive discussion of Cygwin's handling
of the AltGr key and a patch was submitted. This is an obvious place to
look. I suggest you look at this message

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2001-02/msg01636.html

and/or search on the list archive for "AltGr"

---
Mark Hadfield
[email-masked]  http://katipo.niwa.cri.nz/~hadfield
National Institute for Water and Atmospheric Research

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple