Subject: Re: PL/Python Postgresql 7.1.1 under Cygwin
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: Ernesto Revilla <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 10:19:36 -0400

Erny,

On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 03:54:06AM +0200, Ernesto Revilla wrote:
> now I did it, so I wanted to ask
> 1. if somebody could merge my makefile with the original one
> 2. put the plpython into the postgres source tree 'pl' (as experimental or
> whatever)

It appears that plpython was recently (i.e., 2001/05/09) added to
PostgreSQL CVS.  So the above is not necessary.

However, a small patch is necessary for plpython to build cleanly under
Cygwin.  Please get the latest PostgreSQL from CVS and apply the
attached patch.  I ran the supplied test.sh and all tests passed with
the exception of the oid related ones (which is to be expected).

I would be very interested to hear if plpython works for you in a real
application, so please let me know.

I intend improve my patch as follows:

1. add -DUSE_DL_IMPORT to CPPFLAGS in a cleaner way
2. deal with the different socket module name in Python 1.5.x and 2.x,
if possible

I will also test it out on a non-Cygwin platform to make sure that I
didn't break anything on a UNIX platform.

Once the above is completed, I will submit the patch to pgsql-patches
for consideration.

Thanks,
Jason

-- 
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235
Dot Hill Systems Corp.               Fax:   +1 (732) 264-8798
82 Bethany Road, Suite 7             Email: [email-masked]
Hazlet, NJ 07730 USA                 WWW:   http://www.dothill.com

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple