Subject: Re: 'make aux' hangs ?
From: [email-masked]
To: Olivier Fambon <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 08:23:27 +0200

I have experienced something simular on my system:

I have cygwin 1.1.8 with the latest updates (done today). I have mountet my
home directory from a HP-UX box with PC-NFS. I am not able to create files
named aux from my Cygwin Bash. When I make one in my home directory on the
HP box and try to do an ls in my Cygwin bash, it list the file name.
However, a ls -l make it stop.  A Ctrl-C breaks it. The last entry in the
strace output is that ls is trying to open the aux file (may include trace
file if needed).

When I try to open a catalog called aux in my bash shell in a local catalog
I get:

mkdir aux
mkdir: cannot make directory `aux': Not a directory

Trying to create one from the Explorer failes with the error message:

Can not rename New Folder. A file name with the name you specified allready
exsist.

A find on my entire C: disk reveiles no files named aux. Maybe the aux is
special reserved file name in NT?

Oddvard

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple