Subject: Re: 'Links' browser colors in Cygwin
From: Duke Normandin <[email-masked]>
To: "Sagar R. Shah" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Cygwin List <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 15:05:58 -0600

On Sun, May 13, 2001 at 08:14:51AM +0100, Sagar R. Shah wrote:
> On Sat, 12 May 2001, Duke Normandin wrote:
> > Anybody using the 'Links' browser on Cygwin? I'm having one hell of time
> > getting Links to display all the colors that it's capable of. In the
> > Links .linkd.cfg I have "cygwin" as the terminal. Is that correct, or
> > should I be using something else? TIA....
> 
> You're being a bit ambiguous.
> 
> How many colours are you getting at the moment? And how many do you want it
> to display??
> 
> I just compiled it myself, started it for the first time and turned colour
> on by going to [ESC]Setup->Terminal Options.
> 
> After that i would get blue for links, and the other colours when someone
> actually used them on their webpage!

In the 'Links' manual, there is a section called "Colours", which
describes the 'named' and 'numeric' colors supported. When I view the
"colours" page from 'Links' the colors table renders as follows:

Color	Shows As     Color	    Shows As      Color	      Shows As
----------------     -------------------      -------------------
black   silver       red      bold white      blue        teal
yellow  bold white   gray     silver          silver      silver
white   bold white   maroon   maroon          purple      purple
fuschia bold white   olive    brown           navy        teal
teal    teal         aqua     bold white      lime        bold white
green   green

I've got ansi.sys loaded -- wouldn't _that_ have an adverse effect?

Maybe this has to do with the HTML that 'Links' supports. Is there a list
of what it does support? Anyway, would you view the 'Links' manual from
Links and determine if what _you_ see is what I see, please. Otherwise
maybe my terminfo/termcap files are hosed or in the wrong location, or
something that still eludes me. TIA....
-- 
-duke
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple