Subject: access to Cygwin areas on ftp.franken.de
From: [email-masked] (Michael Hirmke)
To: [email-masked]
Date: 14 May 2001 00:04:00 +0200

Hi *,

in the last few months we had an enormous increase in download traffic
from the Cygwin areas on ftp.franken.de - reaching up to 300 gig per
month. In addition to this since January we have to pay for this traffic
on a volume instead of a bandwidth based rate, which (in Germany) is
more than a small club like us can afford.

So we have to change our download policy a "little bit":
- ftp.franken.de will continue to mirror Cygwin and also continue to
  host the porters archive
- public access to this mirror and the porters archive however will be
  restricted to members of our friendly society
- ftp.uni-erlangen.de will mirror all the Cygwin areas from ftp.franken.de
- public access to this site won't be restricted in any way - besides
  this ftp.uni-erlangen.de can offer a highspeed connection up to 155
  Mbit/s, which might be a good thing[tm] for all users

So can anyone who used to download things from
  ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/cygwin/...
please switch to
  ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/pc/gnuwin32/cygwin/...

Also I would ask anyone who referrs in READMEs or URLs to
  ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/cygwin/...
change this to
  ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/pc/gnuwin32/cygwin/...

Sorry for the inconvenience, but as stated above there is no other way
to abide this service at all.

Thx and bye.
Michael.
-- 
Michael Hirmke            | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Wilhelm-Spaeth-Strasse 52 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
90461 Nuernberg           | E-Mail  mailto:[email-masked]
                          | WWW     http://www.hirmke.de/

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple