Subject: RE: Help with Winuser.h
From: "Harold Hunt" <[email-masked]>
To: "John Placais" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "cygwin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 17:52:57 -0400

John,

Here is your freebie.  From msdn.microsoft.com,
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/wcedoc/wcesdkr/_wcesdk_window_and_message_
box_styles.htm:

WS_EX_NOACTIVATE - Specifies that a window cannot be activated. If a child
window has this style, tapping it does not cause its top-level parent to
activate. Although a window that has this style will still receive stylus
events, neither it nor its child windows can get the focus. This style is
supported only by the Windows CE operating system (OS).

WS_EX_NOANIMATION - Prevents a window from showing animated exploding and
imploding rectangles and from having a button on the taskbar. This style is
supported only by
Windows CE.

Notice, both of the flags that you are referring to are only supported on
Windows CE... if you are intending to build a Window CE executable and
Cygwin supports Windows CE (I doubt that it does), then you are on your own.
Otherwise, I'm going to guess that you are accidentally using flags that you
don't need.

Harold

From: John Placais [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2001 10:08 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: Help with Winuser.h

Hey there,
   I saw your posts on problems with winuser.h not being correct and thought
perhap you could help me with my problem. I cannot find the value for the
following:

WS_EX_NOANIMATION
WS_EX_NOACTIVATE

If you know what they are, or where I can find the newest version of
"winuser.h" I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance,
 John

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple