Subject: Re: SIGTERM does not stop backend postgres processes immediately
From: Fred Yankowski <[email-masked]>
To: "Parker, Ron" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 18:08:19 -0500

On Wed, May 09, 2001 at 04:48:28PM -0500, Parker, Ron wrote:
> Under windows two things will interrupt a blocking recv() call.  The first
> is to call closesocket() from another thread.

Cygwin doesn't seem to export a wrapper for closesocket().  How can I
access that function?  Can I call it from a signal handler function?
I tried calling close() on the socket that recv() is reading, from a
signal handler, but that doesn't seem to unblock the recv().
Actually, I get a STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION when I try that.

-- 
Fred Yankowski           [email-masked]      tel: +1.630.879.1312
Principal Consultant     www.OntoSys.com       fax: +1.630.879.1370
OntoSys, Inc             38W242 Deerpath Rd, Batavia, IL 60510, USA

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple