Subject: Re: SIGTERM does not stop backend postgres processes immediately
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Fred Yankowski <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 16:49:26 -0400

On Wed, May 09, 2001 at 02:26:29PM -0400, Jason Tishler wrote:
>> I know from inserting printfs into the backend code that the SIGTERM
>> signal handler function is not being called right after the stop
>> request.  Rather, it is called only after the backend gets some data
>> over its input socket connection, from that "\d" in did in pg_ctl in
>> this case.  It seems that the recv() call deep in the backend code
>> does not get interrupted by the SIGTERM.
>
>IMO, you have found a Cygwin bug.  Please report it to the Cygwin list.
>Hopefully, Mr. Signal is listening and will jump into action...

Unfortunately, blocking recv() calls are not interruptible on Windows.
I'm not aware of any mechanism for allowing this.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple