Subject: Re: sys_errlist / errno trouble while building an application
From: "Andreas Eibach" <[email-masked]>
To: "Robert Collins" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 11:15:20 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Collins" <[email-masked]>
To: "Andreas Eibach" <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sunday, May 06, 2001 9:28 AM
Subject: Re: sys_errlist / errno trouble while building an application

> try searching for sys_errlist on the cygwin archives.
>
> this is a standard porting problem.
>

Yes it IS a standard porting problem, and it's like breaking a fly on the
wheel.
If these crazy underscores weren't there, applications would be much easier
to port. I utterly *dove* into the mailing list archives meanwhile because
this turned out to be a highly interesting topic methinks, and I still
couldn't make out any reason from any of the posts why this has been changed
_at all_ back in the days. I suggest to *permanently* change _sys_errlist
back to sys_errlist without the '_' so it wouldn't require these crazy
workarounds _at all_, UNLESS someone has a good reason why this has to be
that way. This might change my mind :) But until now, I can hardly see any.

That's my 0.02 euro
;-)
Andreas

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple