Subject: Re: [ cron/crontab ] someone using cron on cygwin?
From: Adrian Phillips <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: 04 May 2001 09:56:30 +0200

>>>>> "Gerrit" == Gerrit P Haase <[email-masked]> writes:

[Disclaimer: I'm no cygwin expert so some of this may be innaccurate]

    Gerrit> Dear Corinna, $ crontab crontab: can't obtain passwd
    Gerrit> entry.

Possibly because your /etc/passwd doesn't exist or has no entry for
the user you are logged in as.

    Gerrit> I don't know how to use crontab.

It depends upon the cron daemon which I don't believe is standard with
cygwin (but I meybe wrong). I suggest you search the archives for cron
to gain more info.

    Gerrit> Is it possible to create a crontabfile manually?  How is
    Gerrit> the syntax?

man 5 crontab describes the crontab format. man 1 crontab describes
how to install your crontab in the system so that cron will use it. Again this is for a Unix system, for cygwin, check the archives.

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips

-- 
Your mouse has moved.
Windows NT must be restarted for the change to take effect.
Reboot now?  [OK]

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple