Subject: Re: Continued: small DOS program fails (Permission Denied) when r un f rom Bash in XEmacs
From: [email-masked] (David M. Karr)
To: "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Karr, David" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Date: 02 May 2001 19:15:18 -0700

>>>>> "Larry" == Larry Hall <(RFK Partners, Inc)" <[email-masked]>> writes:

    Larry> At 04:39 PM 5/2/2001, Karr, David wrote:
    >> Verified.  I got it working outside of XEmacs, verifying it produced an
    >> output file, then I removed the output file and reran it inside XEmacs,
    >> and the output file was not created.  It still fails with "Permission
    >> Denied" in XEmacs.
    >> 
    >> -----Original Message----- From: Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)
    >> [mailto:[email-masked]] Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2001 1:04 PM To: Karr,
    >> David; [email-masked]' Subject: Re: Continued: small DOS program
    >> fails (Permission Denied) when run f rom Bash in XEmacs
    >> 
    >> 
    >> At 01:22 PM 5/2/2001, Karr, David wrote:
    >> >"Permission Denied".  I put a printf at the top of "main", and it isn't
    >> >getting there.  I would really appreciate some help understanding what
    >> is >going on here.
    >> 
    >> 
    >> Just because you don't see output doesn't mean it didn't get there.  Try
    >> writing to a file, flush it, and close it.

    Larry> OK, running with ntsec set in your CYGWIN environment variable?

I don't know about that.  Could you give me a quick summary of how that works?
I'll check the Cygwin user guide later for more details.

Would this have something to do with whether Cygwin knows you as your login
name or as "administrator"?  I realize that the people in my group who don't
have this same symptom always are known as "administrator" in Cygwin.  I always
set up my Cygwin installation so it knows my name (mkpasswd -d > /etc/passwd).

-- 
===================================================================
David M. Karr          ; Best Consulting
[email-masked]   ; Java/Unix/XML/C++/X ; BrainBench CJ12P (#12004)

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple