Subject: Re: Continued: small DOS program fails (Permission Denied) when run f rom Bash in XEmacs
From: [email-masked] (David M. Karr)
To: "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Karr, David" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Date: 02 May 2001 19:10:13 -0700

>>>>> "Larry" == Larry Hall <(RFK Partners, Inc)" <[email-masked]>> writes:

    Larry> At 01:22 PM 5/2/2001, Karr, David wrote:
    >> "Permission Denied".  I put a printf at the top of "main", and it isn't
    >> getting there.  I would really appreciate some help understanding what
    >> is going on here.

    Larry> Just because you don't see output doesn't mean it didn't get there.
    Larry> Try writing to a file, flush it, and close it.

Done.  No difference.  I verified the file writing worked in the cases where I
can run the executable.  When I get the "Permission Denied" error, the output
file isn't created.

The only barely unusual thing about this executable is that it has a function
with ASM code defined in it, although the function is never executed.  The
purpose of the application is to write out a binary file with the contents of
the function (and some other code).

-- 
===================================================================
David M. Karr          ; Best Consulting
[email-masked]   ; Java/Unix/XML/C++/X ; BrainBench CJ12P (#12004)

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple