Subject: RE: g++ book recomendation
From: "Harold Hunt" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Cygwin \(E-mail\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 00:40:10 -0400

Enoch,

Please contact me off-list if you have any further questions about
programming books, as this is pretty off topic now.

Both authors graduated from MIT; you figure out their views :)

From the preface:
"In writing this book, we have used a variety of C++ compilers running on
Sun SPARCstations, Apple Macintosh (Symantech C++), IBM PC (Turbo C++,
Borland C++, IBM's CSET++, and Microsoft C/C++ version 7 and Visual C++),
and DEC VAX/VMS (DEC C++).  For the most part, the programs in the text will
work on all these compilers with little or no modification.  We published
the versions we developed on Borland C++."

Harold

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple