Subject: Autoreply: Re: cygwin programs: realloc() segfault with library v1.3.1
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 19:27:32 +0200

Your message has encountered delivery problems.

Your message reads:

Mailing-List: contact [email-masked]; run by ezmlm
Sender: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 13:13:09 -0400
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Cygwin Mailing List <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: cygwin programs: realloc() segfault with library v1.3.1
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mail-Followup-To: Cygwin Mailing List <[email-masked]>,
	[email-masked]

On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 09:21:33AM -0700, Thunder from the hill wrote:
>I hate this mailer! I think I should better use another one.
>
>Again, this is the failing source code. Whenever realloc() is used in
>sendfile(), the MicroHTTPD segfaults.

I'm sorry but this test case is way too complicated to debug.

The only advice I can give is that it is unlikely that there is a problem
with realloc.  SIGSEGVs are usually an indication of some sort of memory
corruption like overrunning a 20 byte array with 24 bytes of info.

realloc SIGSEGVs can come about as a result of attempts to realloc a block
that was not malloced or at least not malloced using a malloc that is
associated with realloc.

If you can pare this down into twenty lines or so, then maybe someone would
be willing to take a look at it.  I don't think that anyone has the time
to attempt to debug a program of this size, however.

Sorry.
cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple