Subject: prb setup tetex
From: [email-masked] (Felix Koop)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 13:43:20 +0200

Hello,

I have a problem setting up tetex. I got teTeX-texmf-1.0.tar.gz from
CTAN. I untar-ed it in /usr/share/texmf and tried to follow the
instructions in /usr/doc/Cygwin/tetex-XXX.README

texconfig confall gave the following error:
Error: file texmf.cnf not found in ``//share/texmf/web2c''.
TEXMFMAIN ``//share/texmf'' seems to have the wrong value from a
texmf.cnf file.

Searching the reason brought me to the file
/usr/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf where some variables $SELFAUTO...
seemed to be used. These variables apparently do not extend to the
proper value. I fixed this problem by eliminating them. texconfig
confall and rehash went smooth. But I still get an error with texconfig
init:

$ texconfig init
Running mf to create plain base ...
! mf.pool doesn't match; tangle me again (or fix the path).
Done.

! tex.pool doesn't match; tangle me again (or fix the path).
Error: `tex -ini -fmt=tex -progname=tex tex.ini' failed

! tex.pool doesn't match; tangle me again (or fix the path).
Error: `tex -ini -fmt=latex -progname=latex latex.ini' failed

! tex.pool doesn't match; tangle me again (or fix the path).
Error: `etex -ini -efmt=etex -progname=etex *etex.ini' failed

! tex.pool doesn't match; tangle me again (or fix the path).
Error: `etex -ini -efmt=elatex -progname=elatex *elatex.ini' failed

! pdftex.pool doesn't match; tangle me again (or fix the path).
Error: `pdftex -ini -fmt=pdftex -progname=pdftex pdftex.ini' failed

! pdftex.pool doesn't match; tangle me again (or fix the path).
Error: `pdftex -ini -fmt=pdflatex -progname=pdflatex pdflatex.ini'
failed

! pdfetex.pool doesn't match; tangle me again (or fix the path).
Error: `pdfetex -ini -efmt=pdfetex -progname=pdfetex *pdfetex.ini'
failed

! pdfetex.pool doesn't match; tangle me again (or fix the path).
Error: `pdfetex -ini -efmt=pdfelatex -progname=pdfelatex *pdfelatex.ini'
failed

! omega.pool doesn't match; otangle me again (or fix the path).
Error: `omega -ini -fmt=omega -progname=omega omega.ini' failed

! omega.pool doesn't match; otangle me again (or fix the path).
Error: `omega -ini -fmt=lambda -progname=lambda lambda.ini' failed

###############################################################################
fmtutil: Error! Not all formats have been built successfully.
Visit the log files in directory
  /usr/share/texmf/web2c
for details.
###############################################################################

This is a summary of all `failed' messages:
`tex -ini -fmt=tex -progname=tex tex.ini' failed
`tex -ini -fmt=latex -progname=latex latex.ini' failed
`etex -ini -efmt=etex -progname=etex *etex.ini' failed
`etex -ini -efmt=elatex -progname=elatex *elatex.ini' failed
`pdftex -ini -fmt=pdftex -progname=pdftex pdftex.ini' failed
`pdftex -ini -fmt=pdflatex -progname=pdflatex pdflatex.ini' failed
`pdfetex -ini -efmt=pdfetex -progname=pdfetex *pdfetex.ini' failed
`pdfetex -ini -efmt=pdfelatex -progname=pdfelatex *pdfelatex.ini' failed
`omega -ini -fmt=omega -progname=omega omega.ini' failed
`omega -ini -fmt=lambda -progname=lambda lambda.ini' failed
Running mpost to create plain mem ...
! mp.pool doesn't match; tangle me again (or fix the path).
Done.

Note that there are no log-files in directory /usr/share/texmf/web2c as
noted above, so I don't know where to look further. Can anyone help?

My config:
Cygwin latest as of now, NT4 SP6a

-- 
Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Kind regards/Bien a vous

Felix Koop
[email-masked]
+49-(0)171-9580714

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple