Subject: Re: Pause with make
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Enoch Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 21:27:22 -0400

On Sun, Apr 29, 2001 at 06:34:38PM -0700, Enoch Wu wrote:
>On Sun, Apr 29, 2001 at 08:14:50PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>On Sat, Apr 28, 2001 at 12:11:10PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>>On Fri, Apr 27, 2001 at 11:03:31PM -0700, Randall R Schulz wrote:
>
>Is RRS above the same guy who authored the Camel book?

That would be "Randal Schwartz", a nice guy who doesn't deserve the legal
mess he's in.  Different guy.

>>>>Might it be that make is constructing names with two leading slashes
>>>>and hence frequent searches for non-existent network names occur during
>>>>its execution?
>>>
>>>Yes, good theory.  It would explain why some people see this and some
>>>don't.
>>
>>Just to follow up on myself, this should be very obvious when running
>>the program under strace.  A simple search of '//' or '\\' in the
>>strace log would prove whether Randall's supposition is correct or not.
>
>Thanks for the tip.  Would the // or \\ also appear in the make output?

Only if your makefile printed it.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple