Subject: Re: Cygwin service doesn't get NT shutdown notification
From: "Karl M" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 09:49:27 -0700

Hi All...

>I've used that configuration -- well, actually, I used the similar
>'invoker' wrapper -- but neither srvany nor invoker seems to provide
>any way to do a soft shutdown of the controlled service process.
>Also, srvany is not freely available (as you mention later).
>
>If I can't get this to work correctly in Cygwin, I may just write a
>wrapper similar to srvany that would call a user-specified program in
>the event of the stop or shutdown notifications, giving the managed
>service process a chance to shutdown gracefully.

This may be the same fork/detach issue that I had with sshd as a service. 
See the recent

Re: Invoker Question

thread. It may be helpful.

Thanks,

...Karl
_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple