Subject: Re: need two different cygwin1.dll files (1.1.1 and 1.3.1 versions) c oncurrently -- how to do this?
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 21:57:00 -0400

On Thu, Apr 26, 2001 at 05:28:51PM -0700, Wolcott, Kenneth wrote:
>I am responsible for building a software product using the xscale-elf
>gcc compiler library witch uses cygwin.  I believe that the version of
>the cygwin1.dll is 1.1.1.  I am using the newest cygwin1.dll from the
>sources.redhat.com/cygwin for my main cygwin environment, which is
>version 1.3.1.  If I have both cygwin1.dll files on the system, the
>make from the xscale-elf gcc compiler kit complains about conflicting
>cygwin1.dll files.  If I delete the cygwin1.dll from the xscale-elf
>compiler kit, then the binaries that come with xscale-elf have to work
>correctly under the 1.3.1 version of the cygwin1.dll file.  If I delete
>the 1.3.1 version of the cygwin1.dll file and move the cygwin1.dll file
>from the xscale-elf installation site to the location of the 1.3.1
>cygwin1.dll, then the current cygwin environment won't work because the
>dll is old.
>
>What is the solution to this problem?
>
>1> Upgrade to a version of xscale-elf that is compatible with the 1.3.1
>version of cygwin1.dll?  (Unlikely to happen)...
>
>2> Find a cygwin environment that is compatible with the 1.1.1 version
>of cygwin1.dll?  (Where is such an old version of cygwin?  On the
>discontinued cd-rom?)

The Cygwin 1.3.1 DLL works correctly with all applications built for
Cygwin since Cygwin B20.1.  That's why the DLL is still named cygwin1.dll
rather than cygwin2.dll or cygwin27.dll.

If the new DLL isn't working with your application, we need to know why.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple