Subject: Re: CYGWIN file structure
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 20:30:49 -0400

On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 05:40:02PM -0600, James Bergstrom wrote:
>We are writing a driver in CYGWIN to read an image file from a directory
>on the hard disk.  The files are placed there every few seconds by a
>webcam, and they are named "image1.tif", "image2.tif", etc.  We know the
>directory they are in, and we know that they are named "image[num].tif",
>but we are having trouble finding utilities to examine filenames in
>cygwin.
>
>Can you help (our senior project is due thursday morning)

If I am understanding what you are asking for, I think you need to
investigate opendir and readdir.

These are UNIX functions.  You can find them documented here:
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/7908799/index.html

The alternative is to use Windows native functions like
FindFirstFile and FindNextFile.

They would be documented here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple