Subject: ANN: JDE 2.2.7beta10 available at ...
From: Paul Kinnucan <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 10:20:23 -0400

http://jde.sunsite.dk/

JDE 2.2.7beta10

***************************************************************
*                         PLEASE READ                         *
***************************************************************
*                                                             *
* This release requires semantic 1.3.3,                       *
* speedbar 0.13 (or later), and eieio-0.15 (or later). You    *
* can obtain all three packages at                            *
* http://cedet.sourceforge.net                                *
*                                                             *
* This release also requires elib 1.0 or later.               *
* Your can obtain elib at the JDE web site in compressed      *
* tar (http://sunsite.auc.dk/jde/elib.tar.gz) or              *
* zip (http://sunsite.auc.dk/jde/elib.zip) format.            *
*                                                             *
***************************************************************

* Bug fix: JDE no longer overwrites local version of 
  after-change-functions. Thanks to David Ponce.

* The following changes are stabs in the dark at trying
  to solve the JDEbug application launch hangup problem that
  some users experience.

  - This release sets a limit (15 seconds) to the time that 
    JDEbug waits for  Emacs to connect to the socket used to 
    interface Emacs to the standard I/O of the debuggee process.

    Some users find that JDEbug hangs when trying to launch
    a debuggee application. The hang appears to occur in the
    process of setting up the debuggee I/O interface. If the
    hangup is caused by Emacs being unable to connect to the
    SIO socket, this should at least allow the debug session
    to continue, though without the standard I/O interface.

  - JDEbug no longer sets the priority of the thread that 
    reads debuggee standard input from Emacs. Previously
    JDEbug set the priority of this thread to the highest
    allowed. There is no input from Emacs on app launch so
    the read operation performed by this thread blocks.
    Perhaps setting it to top priority leads
    to a deadlock on some systems.

* Bug fixes to project file facility contributed by Nick 
  Sieger:

  - Project files no longer quote variable values twice.

  - Save project command no longer incorrectly attempts to
    use path of a file in the project root directory for 
    the path of the directory.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple