Subject: Re: Cygwin Python Distribution GPL Licensing Issue?
From: Andrew Markebo <[email-masked]>
To: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
Cc: Cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: 21 Apr 2001 14:18:32 +0200

We had this discussion on the xfree-list a while ago, it was cygwin
vs. the X-license (X-server/applications compiled with cygwin), I
didn't follow the discussion, but I think it settled with that it was
ok.. Something under the thread "RE: Debug of Test 15 (cgf input needed"

A comment from there, bottom of original by "Christopher Faylor"
        http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2001-q2/msg00221.html
[...]
DJ and I came up with additional wording that I thought would satisfy
anyone except someone who didn't want to provide the sources.  I got
clearance from Cygnus's CEO to allow the greater flexibility.  I
thought I was doing the community a favor by relaxing the Cygwin
license

Hey isn't there other non-GPL packages being distributed.. 

Hmm I have seen references to openssh.. 

        /Andy

/ Jason Tishler <[email-masked]> wrote:
| DJ,
| 
| I need your deep understanding of the GPL.  Please see the attached.
| What is your assessment of the perceived licensing issue.  Am I
| violating the GPL by distributing Cygwin Python?
| 
| Of course, others are welcome to share their opinions too.
| 
| Thanks,
| Jason

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple