Subject: passwd - user unknown / no telnet access
From: "Andreas Schlager" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 08:58:36 +0200

Hi list,

I've searched almost tons of help material and howtos about my problem, but I 
cant't find a solution.

I've installed CYGWIN on a NT 4.0 SP6a (german version). I was running the 
'mkpasswd -d' and the 'mkgroup -d' command. I've run the 'iu-config' command to 
setup up inetd.conf. I've copied /etc/services from windows.
BUT:
When I run the passwd-command ('passwd' or 'passwd userxx'), there comes the 
'unknown user userxx' message.
I think, this is the problem because I've no telnet access (I get a login-
prompt, but i cannot login with a correct user/password).
Maybe I have to set the CYGWIN ENV-Variable?? But: Where to set? (in Windows or 
in a CYGWIN-shell? Which value?)

Please help!

Tnx.

Andy.

Andreas Schlager, EDV
[email-masked]

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple