Subject: ANN: JDE 2.2.7beta8 available at ...
From: Paul Kinnucan <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 00:34:40 -0400

http://jde.sunsite.dk/

JDE 2.2.7beta8

***************************************************************
*                         PLEASE READ                         *
***************************************************************
*                                                             *
* This release requires semantic 1.3.3 (or later),            *
* speedbar 0.13 (or later), and eieio-0.15 (or later). You    *
* can obtain all three packages at                            *
* http://cedet.sourceforge.net                                *
*                                                             *
* This release also requires elib 1.0 or later.               *
* Your can obtain elib at the JDE web site in compressed      *
* tar (http://sunsite.auc.dk/jde/elib.tar.gz) or              *
* zip (http://sunsite.auc.dk/jde/elib.zip) format.            *
*                                                             *
***************************************************************

* Improvements to syntax coloring contributed by David Ponce:

  - All extra fontification added by jde-java-font-lock has a specific
    face.  So there is less font-lock implementation dependencies,
    greater flexibility to setup a color theme, and fontification can
    be kept consistent across Emacs flavors. Notice that this change
    may require to redo some face customization.

  - For convenience all specific jde-java-font-lock faces are in the
    customization group `jde-java-font-lock-faces' which is a sub group
    of `font-lock-highlighting-faces' (Emacs) or `font-lock-faces'
    (XEmacs).

  - Better fontification of numbers and imported package names.

  - When used interactively the command
    `jde-java-font-lock-setup-keywords' automatically update
    fontification of all Java buffers.  This is very useful when you
    change your API file for example!

  - The `jde-setup-syntax-coloring' is greatly enhanced.  On Emacs, it
    takes care of the current `global-font-lock-mode' setting.  Also, it
    no more use `font-lock-defaults-alist' (which is an obsolete
    variable on Emacs 21) but the preferred `font-lock-defaults' way to
    setup fontification.

  - Finally, jde-java-font-lock works in java-mode too and it can be
    used standalone if needed.

* Extended support for relative path, environment variable substitution, 
  etc., to all JDE paths. 
 
  Thanks to Nick Sieger for this enhancement.

* XEmacs compatibility fix: pass nil third argument to local-variable-if-set-p.
  Thanks to Nick Sieger.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple