Subject: Re: RCS 5.7 Patches
From: "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>, Cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 18:13:05 -0400

At 06:07 PM 4/16/2001, Louis Bohm wrote:
>Well I figured out what my problem was...  Apparently setup does not copy the new
>cgywin1.dll into c:\winnt\system32 but just leaves it in cygwin/bin.  I copied
>the dll to system32 and things started to work better.

Glad you determined the source of your trouble.  I would point out, however,
that setup does not copy cygwin1.dll to c:\winnt\system32 because that's not
where the DLL is supposed to go.  If you do this, you will likely just cause
yourself trouble in the future.  Copying cygwin1.dll anywhere is highly 
discouraged.

Larry Hall                              [email-masked]
RFK Partners, Inc.                      http://www.rfk.com
118 Washington Street                   (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
Holliston, MA 01746                     (508) 893-9889 - FAX

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple