Subject: Re: cvs broken on win2k after recent cygwin upgrade: "The descriptor is a file, not a socket"
From: [email-masked] (Henry S. Thompson)
To: "Trevor Forbes" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: 14 Apr 2001 12:07:08 +0100

"Trevor Forbes" <[email-masked]> writes:

> You have two cygwin1.dll in your path.........????

Not ideal, but it's because my WIN32 path alone doesn't have
c:\cygwin\bin in it.  I think.

> Also fix your path....How many times do you have to look in /usr/bin?

See above.

> your "TMP = `/tmp'"  -- profile normally does "unset TMP"

So I should . . .

> your "TEMP = `/cygdrive/c/DOCUME~1/ht/LOCALS~1/Temp'"
>    Keep It Simple "KISS", no ..~1 dosizms, no white space
>    eg TEMP=c:\Temp

Thanks.

> you have mounted "d:    /home/ht  system  textmode" and HOME =/home/ht
> Is d: your real home directory or is it /home in the root directory?

d: is real home directory

> .bash_history is in the root directory and should be in HOME?

Pbly.

> Unfortunately, although I have/had a theory what the problem is,  I was
> unable to replicate the problem so there is not much more I can do...

Thanks for trying . . .

> The problem may be a w2k and fat32 combination?, move to NTFS..

Seems unlikely, given we're talking about a WINSOCK problem.

ht
-- 
  Henry S. Thompson, HCRC Language Technology Group, University of Edinburgh
          W3C Fellow 1999--2001, part-time member of W3C Team
     2 Buccleuch Place, Edinburgh EH8 9LW, SCOTLAND -- (44) 131 650-4440
	    Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: [email-masked]
		     URL: http://www.ltg.ed.ac.uk/~ht/

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple