Subject: Re: cvs broken on win2k after recent cygwin upgrade: "The descriptor is a file, not a socket"
From: "Trevor Forbes" <[email-masked]>
To: "Henry S. Thompson" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 12:19:58 +0930

First, ....

You have two cygwin1.dll in your path.........????
Also fix your path....How many times do you have to look in /usr/bin?
your "TMP = `/tmp'"  -- profile normally does "unset TMP"
your "TEMP = `/cygdrive/c/DOCUME~1/ht/LOCALS~1/Temp'"
   Keep It Simple "KISS", no ..~1 dosizms, no white space
   eg TEMP=c:\Temp

you have mounted "d:    /home/ht  system  textmode" and HOME =/home/ht
Is d: your real home directory or is it /home in the root directory?
.bash_history is in the root directory and should be in HOME?

Unfortunately, although I have/had a theory what the problem is,  I was
unable to replicate the problem so there is not much more I can do...

The problem may be a w2k and fat32 combination?, move to NTFS..

Regards Trevor

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple