Subject: ANN: JDE 2.2.7beta7 available at ...
From: Paul Kinnucan <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 07:46:19 -0400

http://jde.sunsite.dk/

JDE 2.2.7beta7

***************************************************************
*                         PLEASE READ                         *
***************************************************************
*                                                             *
* This release requires semantic 1.3.3 (or later),            *
* speedbar 0.13 (or later), and eieio-0.15 (or later). You    *
* can obtain all three packages at                            *
* http://cedet.sourceforge.net                                *
*                                                             *
* This release also requires elib 1.0 or later.               *
* Your can obtain elib at the JDE web site in compressed      *
* tar (http://sunsite.auc.dk/jde/elib.tar.gz) or              *
* zip (http://sunsite.auc.dk/jde/elib.zip) format.            *
*                                                             *
***************************************************************

* jde-help-find-javadoc now uses url-file-exists (from the w3
  package) if it is in your load-path. Otherwise, it uses
  wget.

  Thanks to Knut Wannheden <[email-masked]> and 
  [email-masked] for this fix.

* jdb interface has been fixed to work around JDK 1.3 bug
  that causes the jdb command prompt to sometimes appear in
  the wrong place in jdb output.

  Thanks to Andy Bennett <[email-masked]> 
  for this fix.

* Fixed bug in jde-package-get-directories-in-classpath 
  that caused it to return t instead of a list when the 
  classpath contained ".".

* If'ed out fontifying exception stack trace in run buffer
  when running in XEmacs. This is temporary until I can code 
  an alternative to font-lock-add-keywords, which XEmacs does 
  not support.

* The JDE now replaces occurrences of lib directories in 
  classpaths with the jar and zip files that those directories
  contain. This means that you no longer have to include
  jar and zip files explicitly in classpaths. See 
  jde-expand-classpath-p and jde-lib-directory-name for details.

* This release enhances the JDE project file system to support
  hierarchical project files. The enhanced code remembers which
  project files set options and will save them back to the appropriate
  project file when the project is saved.

  When the values of variables are newly customized, the new value is
  saved in the deepest project file found relative to the buffer where
  `jde-save-project' is invoked.  Thus, the buffer where you save the
  project controls in whic project file newly customized values are
  saved.

  A side-effect of the changes is where do relative paths resolve to
  now that path-related options can be set by multiple project files?
  The project system solves that problem by resolving relative paths
  relative to the project file that defines the option.

  Thanks to "Nick Sieger" <[email-masked]> for contributing this
  enhancement.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple