Subject: Re: rpm problem was: libz.dll -- OFF-TOPIC
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: radek kosciuk <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 13:18:57 -0400

On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 06:48:04PM +0200, radek kosciuk wrote:
>thanks to all who helped me, thank.  But, it is not that easy :)
>Problem persists.  I have rpm up and running but I can't ( example)
>install Midnight Commander.  I have downloaded package and tried to
>install it ( I run rpm with -v v -i option), it gave me nice view whats
>happening.  Rpm is trying to install MC but it fails because of
>dependencies.  It says that I don't have ncurses installed ( I HAVE!!!
>) and it fails to install MC.  Why?  I have copied files from
>/bin/ncurses-test-dll and ncurses-test-stat to /bin and still same
>thing.  It does not work.  I even checked the installation, installed
>whole thing again and nothing.  Always it fails because there is no
>ncurses ( but i can run ncurses.exe from cygwin promtp...) any ideas?

You don't seem to be getting it.

This mailing list does not support the RPM packages that you are trying
to use.  In fact, I have specifically discouraged responses concerning
the competing installation that you are using, here.

I have no problems with someone else maintaining a separate Cygwin
distribution but I do not want their support issues to spill over into a
mailing list which is run by Red Hat.  This is essentially like sending
SuSE linux questions to a Red Hat mailing list.  It is just not
appropriate.

So, let's be very clear:

CONTACT THE OWNER OF THE RPM PACKAGES IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS.  DO NOT
SEND QUESTIONS HERE.

This thread is officially declared off-topic.

Christopher Faylor
Cygwin Engineering Manager
Red Hat, Inc.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple