Subject: Problems linking w/Readline!
From: Fairlight <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 19:53:48 -0400

I have been tinkering with this for a week now.

I'm trying to compile something linked against readline.  I have the latest
from the contrib section of the cygwin dist.  Readline 4.1-2.

I get the following at link time:

action.o(.text+0x584):action.c: undefined reference to `readline_echoing_p'
parse.o(.text+0x43):parse.c: undefined reference to `readline_echoing_p'
rl.o(.text+0x54):rl.c: undefined reference to `_rl_last_c_pos'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [tt++] Error 1

Why?  Both are defined in readline's source...  So would someone mind
telling me why it's not working?  It's driving me batty.  I'd be grateful
for any assistance.

TIA,

mark->
-- 
Fairlight->   |||                                    | Fairlight Consulting
  __/\__      |||     "I'm talking for free,         |                        
 <__<>__>     |||      It's a New Religion..."       | http://www.fairlite.com
    \/        |||                 --Le Bon           | [email-masked]                     

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple