Subject: Re: Licensing
From: Mike Schiraldi <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 12:27:11 -0400

> source definition either.  If one chose to make extensive
> modifications to make it work under Cygwin, and did not make those
> modifications available in an OSD way, then the resulting binary does
> not qualify for the exception.

Actually, we're not making any changes to either OpenLDAP or Cygwin. We just
want to link the two into the same executable. As far as i can tell from
some amateur legal research, because the OpenLDAP license is not
GPL-compatible, it would not be legal to do this without your special
clause.

So i just wanted to make sure that using OpenLDAP in this way qualifies for
the clause.

-- 
Mike Schiraldi
Verisign Applied Research

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple