Subject: Re: troubles with postgresql-7.1RC2-1
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: Pascal Molli <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 12:13:55 -0400

Pascal,

On Mon, Apr 09, 2001 at 02:20:39PM +0200, Pascal Molli wrote:
> > Please try "uname -a" to verify.  I have already helped someone else who
> > attempted to replace their 1.1.8-2 DLL with one from a snapshot while
> > inetd was still running...
> 
> $ uname -a
> CYGWIN_NT-5.0 NONSARD 1.3.0s(0.37/3/2) 2001-03-19 23:55 i686 unknown

OK, you convinced me that you are running a post 1.1.8-2 DLL.  Although,
the error message that you are getting would not come from the 2001-03-19
snapshot.  Do you have any stray cygwin1.dll files lying around?  If not,
then I'm out of ideas.

> I don't understand why the sources distribution of postgres seems to be an
> update
> of the binary distribution ??
> I see something like:
> Current                    New                    Src?           Package
> --------------------   -----------------   -----------    -----------
> 7.1RC2-1                7.1RC2-1.src      n/a              postgresql
> 
> For me sources has to be donwloaded if sources checkox is selected ?? Am I
> wrong ??

Sorry, about the above.  I have renamed the source archive on sources.
This change should be reflected on the mirrors shortly.

> Secondly, the binary distribution does not include the TCL support. So,
> "pgaccess" is not
> part of distribution. Do you forgot it ? is it possible to include it for
> the next release ??

As the README indicates, I'm only configuring currently with --with-CXX
which meets our needs.  I am quite willing to start adding options not
needed by us if they build OOTB.  So, if TCL support builds without fuss
then I will include it.  IIRC, there is not a Cygwin TCL yet.  Hence,
Cygwin PostgreSQL with TCL support may be problematic.

Would you be willing to try configuring --with-tcl?  If so and it builds
OOTB, let me know and I will include it the next time I package a
distribution.

> Anyway, thank for your effort to build a binary distribution of postgres, i
> think it's very important...

Your very welcome -- I thought so too...

Thanks,
Jason

-- 
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235
Dot Hill Systems Corp.               Fax:   +1 (732) 264-8798
82 Bethany Road, Suite 7             Email: [email-masked]
Hazlet, NJ 07730 USA                 WWW:   http://www.dothill.com

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple