Subject: Re: troubles with postgresql-7.1RC2-1
From: "Pascal Molli" <[email-masked]>
To: "Jason Tishler" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 14:20:39 +0200

> Please try "uname -a" to verify.  I have already helped someone else who
> attempted to replace their 1.1.8-2 DLL with one from a snapshot while
> inetd was still running...

$ uname -a
CYGWIN_NT-5.0 NONSARD 1.3.0s(0.37/3/2) 2001-03-19 23:55 i686 unknown

> > Maybe there are troubles with permissions to access the service ??
>
> Are you a member of the Local Administrators group?  If not, may be
> this is causing a permissions problem when ipc-daemon is run as a service?
> But, I thought that by default it runs with wide open security (i.e,
> no security).

I'm member of the Local Adminstrators group, but i have seen recommandations
in the documentation of cygipc, i will check it first...

I don't understand why the sources distribution of postgres seems to be an
update
of the binary distribution ??
I see something like:
Current                    New                    Src?           Package
--------------------   -----------------   -----------    -----------
7.1RC2-1                7.1RC2-1.src      n/a              postgresql

For me sources has to be donwloaded if sources checkox is selected ?? Am I
wrong ??

Secondly, the binary distribution does not include the TCL support. So,
"pgaccess" is not
part of distribution. Do you forgot it ? is it possible to include it for
the next release ??

Anyway, thank for your effort to build a binary distribution of postgres, i
think it's
very important...

--
Pascal

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple