Subject: Why Extra spacing in pager after re-compiling Mutt under Cygwin/NT4
From: "malcolm.boekhoff" <[email-masked]>
To: Mutt Developers News Group <[email-masked]>
Cc: Cygwin News Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 16:22:03 +0100

I downloaded, extracted and compiled "mutt-1.2.5i.tar.gz", but now the pager is
displaying messages with an extra newline.

E.g. before (using the default "/bin/mutt" that comes with Cygwin), the pager displayed:

	To: "Simon \"Jeeves\" Andrews" <[email-masked]>
	Cc: "Malcolm Boekhoff" <[email-masked]>
	Subject: bacon

	message line 1
	message line 2
	
but now my newly compiled "/usr/local/bin/mutt" displays:

	To: "Simon \"Jeeves\" Andrews" <[email-masked]>

	Cc: "Malcolm Boekhoff" <[email-masked]>

	Subject: bacon

	message line 1

	message line 2

It's probably to do with Cygwin "binary" mode but I tried setting "binary" in
CYGWIN variable to no avail.

I have also checked that the messages are downloading with <fetch-mail>
correctly, although the message folders are listed as fileformat=dos (i.e.
lines terminated with \r\n) by gvim, so I tried re-writing the "mbox" file as
"dos" - it doesn't make any difference whether lines in "mbox" are terminated
with \n or \r\n - still get double spaced lines in the internal pager.

Any ideas?

Anyone?

Help?

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple