Subject: Re: heap_chunk_in_mb reg entry !?
From: Axel Kowald <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 17:29:55 +0200

Hi,

> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\
> 
> Create a new DWORD value there called "heap_chunk_in_mb" that contains the
> maximum amount of memory (in Mb) your application needs (watch the
> hex/decimal toggle). Exit and restart all cygwin applications. 
> The default is 128 (i.e. 128Mb) if no registry key is set.

Hm, I created HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus
Solutions\Cygwin\heap_chunk_in_mb
and set it to 640 decimal (I have 640MB RAM). I restarted all cygwin
programs (I even rebooted) but it didn't help. Whenever the program
tries to allocate more than 240MB I get an out of memory error. 

So the program can allocate more than the default 128, but can't get
500MB as it wants. Any idea what's going on ????

	Axel Kowald

P.S. From the windows side the 640MB are recognized without problems.
That means the TaskManager reports that 640MB are available.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple