Subject: Re: Enviroment Variables
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 23:19:06 -0500

On Fri, Mar 30, 2001 at 11:12:24PM -0500, August Zajonc wrote:
>Installed cygwin to get access to SSH. However, WinCVS still chokes. While
>poking around I discovered that my Windows 2000 enviroment variables had
>been really messed up. Further, I can't seem to track down a way to return
>them to what they should be.
>
>Here is a taste found by typing env at a dos command prompt:
>
>COMSPEC=C:\WINNT\system32\cmd.exe
>CYGWIN=binmode
>PATH=/cygdrive/c/WINNT/system32:/cygdrive/c/WINNT:/cygdrive/c/WINNT/System3
>m:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/cygwin/bin
>SYSTEMDRIVE=C:
>SYSTEMROOT=C:\WINNT
>TEMP=/cygdrive/c/DOCUME~1/augustz/LOCALS~1/Temp
>TMP=/cygdrive/c/DOCUME~1/augustz/LOCALS~1/Temp
>TERM=cygwin
>
>My HOME env is also messed up. Any idea about what is going on? Any idea on
>how to revert this to standard behaviour? I've tried rebooting to no avail.

I don't see anything that is obviously "messed up" here.  If you are running
the cygwin process 'env' then cygwin will convert some environment variables
to UNIX format.  There's no way around that.

The 'set' command should show you what the environment variables look like
outside of the cygwin environment.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple