Subject: Re: Cygwin v1.1.8: possible to do full build from full source?
From: Enoch Wu <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 12:39:28 -0800

On Fri, Mar 30, 2001 at 01:52:20PM -0600, [email-masked] wrote:
> Hello.
> 
> Is it possible to do an automatic rebuild/install of all the cygwin v1.1.8 packages?  My interest is in rebuilding all the binaries with -march=pentiumpro.
> 
> Thank you.

I rebuilt cygwin 1.1.8 on my Win98 without reinstalling. I just did it to test
how well configure scripts run on Win98. The configure ran smoothly and the 
entire compilation went smoothly. 

I think that if you can somehow produce "tar.gz" files of all the packages
and save them to say, c:\mycygwin directory and put setup.exe in c:\mycygwin
directory, then you would be able to reinstall. You would want to rename your
existing cygwin directory to say, oldcygwin. Rename mycygwin to cygwin and 
run setup.exe. In this manner, the Windows registry would not have to be 
cleaned up. Caution: this is just a thought - I have never tried and will never
do it on a smooth running Cygwin 1.1.8.

Why would you want to rebuild Cygwin? 

Thanks for reading.
EW

> 
> --
> Want to unsubscribe from this list?
> Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
> 
> 

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple